The key to a great bridal shower is to surround yourself with the ladies in your life who love you enough to shower you with gifts and attention as you celebrate this huge momentous occasion that's about to occur. Oh, and your fiancee awkwardly sits in the corner, eats cake and wonders why he even made a appearance in the first place (because you dragged him along to celebrate YOU of course!).
Bridal Shower Checklist:
- Gift Registry & Invitations in advance: To ensure who will be attending this occasion, make sure you send out your invitations in advance to give some time for RSVPs and for their gift orders to come in. These days, virtual invitation services are extremely helpful, especially since you have the option to attach your gift registry right on the spot. Two birds with one stone: sending out invitations, and sending your gift registry to your guests. Done and DONE.
- The Gift Recorder: You are going to be so occupied by the awkward amount of attention on you while opening the gifts, that you can't even THINK about recording who gave WHAT to you. You're going to need a designated gift recorder who sits next to you while you open your gifts, making sure they document names and a description of the said-gift. This will make it easier when sending out your thank you notes!
- Game On: I know it's a difficult pit to dig yourself out of in the aftermath, but you must check the one website with the cutest, most clever, DIY games in the history of mankind... *gulp* Pinterest. Dig deep into the depths of Pinterest, dedicate a board to your bridal shower, and go nuts. If you dread this kind of thing, it will show in the long run and won't be fun for any of your guests. You might despise this kind of planning, but someone in your family, bridal party, or friend group might have a knack for fun party games with a "bridal-ly twist" so don't be afraid to ask for help!
- Shower Menu:
- Pastries | bagels, muffins, croissants, muffins, donuts, danish, coffee cake, coffee cake
- Buffet-Style Meal | fruit, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage, french toast
- Drinks | juices, coffee bar, hot chocolate in a mason jar (DIY it up)
- Finger Food | stuffed mushrooms, calzone, chicken wings, rolls, cold-cut platters, shrimp cocktails, crab cakes
- Picnic Meals & Salad | pasta salad, garden salad, potato salad, macaroni, meatballs, tuna salad
- Drinks | coffee bar, punch, variety of sodas
- Baked Goods | brownies, variety of cookies, lemon squares,
- Decorative Desserts | chocolate covered strawberries, fondu, variety of cakes and bars
- Designated "bridal shower cake" | one main cake for the bridal shower, the rest of the desserts are just accents and surround this cake (plus you'll probably get to take this baby home, so make it something you really love)
TIP | Don't want to take food home with you? Offer "to-go" boxes/ packs for your guests on their way out... free food for them AND an easy clean up for you!
We hope this guide helped ease your stress over your bridal shower a bit, to make it a more enjoyable experience. This season of preparation should be exciting, not a burden!